Wednesday, September 30, 2009

You Don't Know Where I When This September Part II

I couldn't sleep as there was a typhoon. The wind was so strong, that it makes the tree branches fell apart. Wondering there might be flight delay for tomorrow afternoon flight to Xiamen. Zzz. Before Subuh prayers, we woke up, eat some food and did the Subuh prayer, then went to sleep again. The prayers time there is about one hour earlier than in Malaysia. Getting ready to go to the airport at 9am and taking the shuttle bus to the nearest train station. Did the baggage check-up at the station and off we go in the express train straight to the airport. It’s raining and windy, but no typhoon. The flight was supposed to take off at 1250, but due to the windy conditions and other flight congestion, it was delayed till 1430. There was an angry scene while waiting at the gate where a man stumped his hand to the desk confronting the crew on duty. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes to Xiamen and while passing the Xiamen immigration, I was summoned to do health check-up. Fortunately I passed or else I might be quarantined for days or worst weeks. The weather is clear but the air smell stinks. We were picked up by the Pan Pacific hotel shuttle transport where they wait for nearly 2 hours because of the flight delay. The scenery was okay with few big and new buildings, old apartments and small houses. After room check-in, went straight to the room. It was superb, fantastic and fascinating, but not the room outside view. The television was huge, the apparel in very nice and silky, while the spacey bathroom has bathtub and see-through glass in the shower with shower head straight-up. I think it will probably be the same here in Malaysia but what is the purpose of paying big money to stay at the hotel if you have a home nearby, right? Breaking fast around 1815 and stayed put for the night. The next day we went out with a tourist guide. My sister bought an English- Chinese dictionary in case when needed. It is very hard to communicate with the Chinese fellas as they don’t speak or write alphabets. So we have to as the hotel staffs to write down the words in Chinese. We went for a boat ride enjoying the acceptable scenery of Taiwan territory which isn't much to tell. Stop at the other bank of the river where the historical buildings, monuments are situated. We didn't take the buggy van but just walking through the places (Java, British and Chinese consulate and etc). We watched a Chinese opera show like the ‘wayang kulit’ for Malays and did enjoy it. Go around places, taking pictures which few Chinese girls who work as guide there but they also didn't speak English much. There are also many restaurants with live fish, prawns, crabs and etc to choose from. Don’t know what to tell as they ain't many things to elaborate, but still did the walking and window shopping in a humid condition which is very exhausting. Buy a few things and went back to the hotel. My brother-in-law and I went to a Muslim restaurant to buy food for breaking fast. The food is quite different in taste, ain't that spicy, but just okay. The next day, we went out to Xiahe Lu Rd and Chang San Lu Rd for shopping, buying some souvenir and having hard times to find money changer even the local bank there didn't accept RM in exchange. My sister bought a tea set for herself and my aunt. Went around and then I took them to the Muslim restaurant that I went yesterday. Breaking fast there and went back to the hotel. Packing things up because tomorrow (18 September 2009) will be going back home. Fast forward….we are home. Breaking fast at the KLIA and wait for my other brother- in-law to pick us up and straight home. My other sister and I went straight to Seremban in other car parked outside my other sister place. Take my bath, do the prayers and packing my things up, waiting for my brother to pick me up to go back to our ‘kampung halaman’ in Bohor Bahru. Arrived at 0515, ‘sahur’ and then Zzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home