Monday, January 25, 2010

Last weekend

I went back to my hometown last Friday. Made up my mind at the very last minute, don't know why I really wanted to go back home, homesick probably. After work, went straight to Bangi, my brother’s place riding my scooter. It’s very hot and tiring, I took a couple glass of water hoping to counter my thirstiness, still felt dry inside. When my brother shows up back from work, he immediately sent me to UKM commuter station because I need to get to Seremban as soon as possible as my parents are waiting there for me. Arrived at Seremban commuter station nearly 7pm, have to wait about half an hour to be picked up by my father. Took pictures of my nephews while making fun of them, then had my dinner. Depart minutes past 8.30pm feeling a little bit of exhausting day (work+humidity+long hour journey). While driving back, we had a hell lot of things to talk about, feels like too long not having a conversation. Around half past 11pm, got a call from my brother, he told us that the current Sultan of Johor(at that time), Almarhum Sultan Iskandar ibni Almarhum Sultan Ismail has passed on. I remembered the day when I was young, when I was still living in Ladang Sisek, Kota Tinggi, the Sultan invite us to see fireworks and gave us a ride on his horses. It is a huge loss for a Johorean and I included. Repaired a leaking pipe in my bathroom and took my bath before going to bed. The next morning, started doing house chores (vacuuming and mopping the floor), simultaneously planned to meet ex-schoolmate at night. The gathering was called off though due to the mourning of the death of the Sultan. Fortunately, I enjoyed my time watching movies and football match with my parents. My team I’m supporting won the match by 4-0 score line, reflecting the superiority and possession as the match went on. Went on to sleep and woke up quite early the next day. Had my breakfast, watch some TV programs, and typing my father’s paperwork before packing my things up, and then went out to print out the paperwork in a cybercafé and head back home. Had my lunch, took a second bath and head to the bus station. Took an unknown bus company who has the earliest departure as I needed to get to Bangi before 7pm. Moved out from Larkin bus station at 3.45pm whilst hoping a save journey and arrived on time. Unluckily for the passengers and me, the air conditioning is not working properly. The air flowed out is hot, and suddenly it’s not working at all. The temperature inside risen and so did ours. A passenger who cannot withstand his temper suddenly marched towards the driver and complaint about the problem, while I had started to have breathing difficulties, with perspiration dripping from all over my body. There’s a small kid feeling uneasy to the heat created, so I went to the driver and asked whether he can pulled over at the nearest R&R for us to get some breather, he said that the air conditioning is broken and he can’t stop the bus because he’s afraid that the bus’s engine might not be running afterwards, so we just have to live with it. I ran through this kind of problem twice, so I knew I had to do something. I asked for his permission to open the air hatch upwards so there will be some air circulation to ease the heat, and the other passengers seem relieved. I already felt dried up by the time we arrived at Bangi, just glad that everything is alright by then. Slept over at my brother’s place for a night, after having dinner and drank water in huge quantities to recover from dehydration. Go straight to work from Bangi at 8.20 in the morning and arrived at the site 20 minutes later. Now here I am, updating post into you…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home